Part Time Social Worker
McKinney, TX, United States of America
To assess the needs of Meals on Wheels Collin County homebound and congregate clients, verify whether they qualify for meal service and provide on-going case management/social work. This position is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating activities of designated clients to ensure that goals or objectives of the clients are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing the following duties personally.
- Case planning
- Group behavior/dynamics
- Licensed Social Worker
- Passion for social work
- Sound judgment
- Natural leader
- Bilingual is a plus but not preferred
- Public speaker
- Exceptional problem solver
- Case documentation
- Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Social Work preferred
- 4+ years social work experience
- Valid and current TX Driver’s License
- Ability to make assessments/reassessments in client homes and develop and implement viable care plans
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Minimum 4+ years’ experience as a licensed social worker, preferable with a non-profit agency
- Master's/Bachelor’s degree in social work preferred
- A working knowledge and awareness of the needs and challenges of the elderly population
- Exhibit strong oral and written communication skills and be detail oriented to maintain accurate records
- Have good interpersonal skills and ability to function as an effective team member
- Ability to speak effectively and represent the agency to individuals and groups
- Must be an expert in Excel, Word, and other Microsoft Office software
- Be willing to occasionally attend evening and weekend functions promoting or representing the agency
- Must be able to read, speak and write in English
- Knowledge of Community Resources
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews client plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing, and allotment of available resources to various phases of client.
- Establishes work plan for each phase of client meal delivery.
- Confers with staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Confers with peers and Supervisor to resolve problems
- Coordinates client activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies.
- Coordinates with other company team members’ critical dates and sharing of innovations learned.
- Communicates with team meal delivery expectations and oversee the timely completion of milestones.
- Attends weekly or biweekly meetings as requested.
- Up holds the ethics and values of the company.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MEALS ON WHEELS RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide information regarding Meals on Wheels to potential clients and their families
- Screen and address all referrals
- Assess and re-assess clients to verify if they meet qualifications for meal service
- Establish, maintain and ensure client files are kept current, neat, accurate and properly secured
- Follow up with clients regarding missed meals and/or late cancellations and resolve issues when possible
- Represent and advocates on behalf of clients in agency and community.
CASE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide case management to client by way of identifying and addressing needs
- Follow up on any concerns regarding clients as reported by volunteers, neighbors, family members, office staff, etc., and maintain records of communications and resolutions
- Develop support systems to meet client needs by identifying and coordinating a variety of available services and maintaining relationships with organizations that address the needs of the elderly
- Conducts home visits for assessments and reassessments for eligibility for the meal program.
- Provide clients with community resources
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Maintain various client lists accurately
- Maintain Assessment/Re-assessment lists
- Maintain documentation of client activities, changes, and communications
- Update client files per status changes
- File status changes DADS/StarPlus Responsibilities
- follow DADS criteria in all aspects of DADS client contract requirements
- Maintain and update files with current DADS paperwork and forms
- Contact new DADS clients by phone to gather all necessary information to begin meal service
- Contact new DADS clients by phone and inform of Meals on Wheels procedures
- Complete a Nutritional Assessment for each client
- Mail all required forms to DADS clients
- Fax DADS meal start date confirmation
- Inform DADS case managers of client statuses daily
- Attend occasional community events as part of representing and promoting the agency
- Critical Time
- Wellness Check
Back To All Jobs
| Mon - Fri 9AM - 2PM